Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Documented Life Project

I am doing the journal for both Jacquie and I.  I have them both almost finished and wanted to share what I have so far.

I opened up the journal and laid it flat on my table.  After spending some time trying to figure out which way to go I decided to collage paper on it.



This is what it looked like when I was done with the collage.
 Next I gessoed it.



I sprayed it with color.... way too bright!!!


I toned it down with gesso, added the metal page edges on the side and a couple of circle stamps.  Much happier with it.  So now what?  What do I put on the cover????????


Taking an idea from Robin-Marie Smith, I pulled out some clear contact paper and printed out a picture of paint jars.  Tomorrow I will try to do a transfer onto the contact paper to put on the cover.



I had already cut it and put it in water but left for dinner and by the time I came back.... well, let's just say I have to do it again.  Tomorrow is another day.  

3 comments:

  1. Love the technique! Those sprays work over gesso? who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena this is so beautiful. I am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the step by step photos. I love the collaged papers. What a great idea using the contact paper for a photo transfer!! I might just have to put a mini me on the cover of my journal. Thanks again for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete